|Screenshot of Mall at UTC app|
Taubman announced Tuesday the free app available for Apple iOS devices while an Android version will launch soon. Users can search for "Mall at UTC" in the app store.
Technology company MXM created the app using real-time mall-based navigation features using Bluetooth beacons from another technology company called SPREO.
These Bluetooth beacons are able to sense where a shopper is in the mall and send special offers and deals when they are near certain stores. That feature won't immediately be available but could in the future, officials said.
“Our new mobile app changes the shopping experience, bringing mall navigation and personalization to the forefront like never before,” said Ivan Frank, director of digital marketing for Taubman in a news release. “Taubman is pleased to be the leader in bringing this technology to shoppers to enhance their in-mall experience.”
SPREO Co-Founder and CEO Avi Sacajiu said, “Through our work with Taubman, we are leading the way in using radio frequency signals for precise navigation in large, multi-level spaces like The Mall at University Town Center. This is truly a unique amenity for shoppers.”
Check out the full story on Bradenton.com. Download the Mall at UTC app here in the App Store.
Here's what Taubman officials say users can do with the new app:
Easily locate stores, restaurants and entertainment as you shop.
- With Bluetooth on, the “Map It” screen recognizes your location within seconds;
- Click to view the location of any store – and then click again for directions to that store from your current location;
- Navigation directions then appear, helping you navigate step by step and floor by floor to your destination.
Plan your shopping trip in advance, to get the most out of your visit.
- Add stores to your “Plan It” trip itinerary to make shopping a breeze. You can add stores to your itinerary any time by clicking on the “Plan It” icon.
Save your favorite stores for quick information and a personalized experience.
- When you first install the app, you will be asked to mark your favorites;
- The app offers recommendations, including a personal “inspiration board” driven by your “Love It” favorites and their related stores;
- And you can customize your map simply by pressing the “Love It” filter so that only your “Love It” stores appear.
Here are other screenshots of the UTC app to give users an idea of what it can do: